POSITION TITLE: TAKE OFF ESTIMATOR
Location: Eagan, MN
Position Summary: Responsible for providing quantity take-offs, communicate with vendors to obtain pricing, assemble bids and send pricing out to general contractors, answer in-bound calls and follow-up on bid results. Support our sales team by reviewing and familiarizing self with the job details. Provide excellent customer service and align all practices with organization objectives. Develop and maintain strong working relationships with clients and contractors to solidify bid awards and close work.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review new bid opportunity emails and team emails
- Download and print construction plans and specifications. Update files as new construction documents are issued throughout the bid process.
- Review plans and specifications to familiarize self with project
- Manage and update data for bid calendar for Contract Sales department
- Generate quantity take –offs from architectural plans
- Use Pro-Tech to organize bids and obtain pricing
- Make pricing assumptions based on building and project needs
- Communicate with vendors to obtain pricing, outside of our Pro-Tech system
- Analyze and evaluate specifications, drawings, blueprints and other information to accurately prepare material and labor estimates.
- Priorities and juggle multiple projects and hard deadlines at the same time
- Communicate with contractors/architects o specifics of each job to understand the job, and differentiate KENDELL from other competitors
- Problem solve and catch mistakes
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending industry related or manufacturer, vendor, distributor supported educational events (training events, presentations, workshops, etc.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed and directed
- Technical experience in a construction, bidding, estimating, etc. preferred
- Degree in business, construction management, project management, or related field experience preferred but not limited too
- Must possess: strong interpersonal/customer relations skills, ability to manage multiple complex projects at the same time, vary detail oriented and able to organize day efficiently, and ability to problem solve.
- Professional demeanor and appearance and able to build positive work relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and database software
- Analytical ability to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, prioritize work, and multi-task, perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply, divide, percent, decimals, fractions)
- Requires a valid driver’s license and be insurable to drive
Benefits: KENDELL offers a competitive benefits package including health/dental/life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and 401K.
Kendell Doors & Hardware, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org